Saturday, June 2, 2012

Much Ado about Nothing

June 2nd,2012
Blog #14

        Much Ado about Nothing by Shakespeare was the first drama that I've ever watched. I ended up really enjoying it. This will be my last blog entry. I was told to choose one blog that I am most proud of and that would probably be Blog #13. In that blog, I've discussed how Claudio and his fellow soldiers had come to Hero's grave site to express their deep sorrow and guilt. Claudio and John Pedro had realized that they killed Hero, even though she was innocent. This blog taught me an important lesson which was to think before you act.

        While watching the movie and reading the book, I had also learned a few other things. The Literary Quiz was really helpful to me as well. It had taught me the difference between tragedy, comedy, dramatic irony, soliloquy and aside. Watching the film version of Much Ado about Nothing, helped me understand the book better. The powerpoint presentation also helped me a lot. I was able to understand the setting of the book. Another way the presentation helped me was by telling me about the characters. After watching the movie, it was a bit unclear to me. Finally, Dr.X's lectures about contexts and characters, alliances and happy endings made the book very understandable.

        Thanks to my favorite professor, Dr. Ximena Gallardo, everything was so easy and helpful. I salute you from the bottom of my heart.


1 comment: