Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Poem: "First poem for you"


Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Blog # 2
http://mini-friday.blogspot.com/2010/05/fire-padlock-tattoo-for-man.html
                                               
         This week, we are studying figurative language in poetry in class. So i decided to write an entry on Kim Addonizio's poem "First Poem For You."


          I really don’t like to read poems and write about them, but when I read “First Poem For You” by Kim Addonizio, I actually loved that poem. The message of this poem is one’s deep regret about their relationships.The most touching and heart breaking lines are “They’ll last until you’re seared to ashes; whatever persists or turns to pain between us, they will still be there." She seems happy to know that the tattoo will last until death but she is scared about seeing an end to their relationship. 



     I chose an image of a boy with tattoo on, because when I read “I like to touch your tattoos in complete darkness, when I can’t see them”, I assumed that the speaker of this poem is a girl talking about her boyfriend’s tattoo.


    If I had choose a person to e-mail this poem to, I would e-mail it to one of my best friend. She got divorced recently. Atleast I could send her a message through this poem that relationships can’t be guaranteed permanent nowadays like tattoos.

          

8 comments:

  1. Hey fatima I found your blog really interesting but i am a bit lost I thought we had to read and write from the rose article. anyway your blog hit some of the main points

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well organized and deeply analyzed

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think my first comment was a mistake i some how thought i was reading the blog abt the rose am so sorry .......... ur log is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, while the analysis is good, the post does not answer the questions for blog 2. You need to read the instructions again.

    Argh. The captcha is on....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! i m so sorry, Dr. X. I thought i only have to analyse the poem.I did not know that i had to follow the instructions on ur blog. I will rewrite the blog.please don't give me any grade yet.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr.X, i rewrite the whole thing please let me know how is it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fatima!! Good job... i like the interpretation of the poem, the meaning of the image that you picked and the answer you gave to question 3.

    ReplyDelete